Thursday, May 05, 2005

Over 25 Miles of New Trails

The dozers have pushed some dirt around and now we have 25 - 40 miles of new trails at KY Outback Adventure Park - an off road adventure park. We estimate that we now have 60-70 miles of trails. More than you can see in a couple of days thats for sure.

We have added a completely new rock/climbing obstacle we call "Deceiving" because it is a hell of a lot tougher than it looks. This was intended to be an easier way to climb the hill besides the Parking Lot Challenge, since no one has been able to make it up the Parking Lot Challenge (PLL). UROCC competitors, serious offroaders, and some crazies: it hasn't mattered! They have all been defeated by PLL. So, we decided to put in another way to climb the hill with the idea that it would be easier. Well, it now seems that Deceiving will be pretty tough as well. It has two 3 foot ledges you need to climb and is loaded with big rocks and holes. There have only been around 6 guys that have attempted it. They have all had extreme capable off road rigs, and they all failed to make it. Stay tuned for more on Deceiving because I pretty much cut this one by myself, and I've taken a personal interest in it.

I also opened up more around Table Top (what can I say? I had some free time on my hands one day) but its simply way to viscious for most people to attempt. If you are a very serious offroader and are looking for an ultimate challenge this one is it. We had a guy, in a well built Cherokee who knew what he was doing, roll his rig right below Table Top. He was lucky because the hood caved in enough to stop the vehicle form doing a multiple roll! My next obstacle masterpiece will be in a nice draw with lots of rocks. Watch out! This one will Rock your world when I'm done.

The other side of my work, the retail jeep parts business, has been going nuts! We're selling the s--t out of jeep lift kits, wrangler soft tops, wrangler bumpers, and CJ restoration parts. Its like somebody decided, "Hey this is the place you go for this stuff guys!" I'm not complaining, too much, because it keeps me employed and well fed. The bsuiness is getting ready to start selling a brand new off road bumper. They tell me it is pretty much rock proof and bomb proof. So I can't wait to get a good look at it.

Next move for the off road park is a trailer, then a building with electricity.

No comments: