Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Getting Ready for the XMAS Push

Well the web site that I do some work for that sells parts and accessories for Jeeps is getting ready for their big Christmas push, which means that I’ll be scrambling writing code and helping out with some email marketing campaigns! Last year it was nuts and the owner expects to do more this year. I’d put up a bitch about it, but it helps to pay the bills, which I have a ton of.

They are going to push a new special on Bestop soft tops, Rough Country jeep lift kits, and these hot new portable air compressors they are getting ready to sell. They told me that they are intent on picking up a number of new lines of accessories this year and getting away from the old tried and true. They said that I should expect a couple of new product lines to be added in the next few weeks and to look for a lot more after the SEMA show. This show has been in Las Vegas the past couple of years and I am begging them to take me along. I told them that it should help me understand the offroad parts industry better. Yeah that’s why I want to go to Vegas!

What is with Chrysler. Why won't they bring back the Cherokee here in the states along with the diesel package like they have in Europe, Australia and South Africa. With the price of gasoline, this vehicle could do some big sales here in the states now! Come on Chrysler let’s get in gear.

The off-road park has been shelved and who knows when it will be opened again. Since we got screwed over by the local officials, I’m just wondering what its going to take. Never say never. We’re looking into all sorts of things with our attorney, and hopefully, one of them will work! We put way to much work into the thing just to walk away.

Some articles of interest –

Andrew Smart’s article on the new Jeep Commander Limited.
http://www.mph-online.com/mag/spins/0037

Another jeep Commander article:
http://www.insightnews.com/business.asp?mode=display&articleID=2013

Article about the new Jeep vehicle coming in 2007: The Compass
http://www.edmunds.com/future/2007/jeep/compass/100548297/preview.html

Article about the re-design of the Grand Cherokee
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/wheels/articles/1015wheels-golfen15.html

No comments: